Welcome to our class server
Running IIS5 on Windows 2000 Server.
You have been assigned an account and a password which will allow you to
upload files to your folder. Accounts and folders are named A01, A02, or A03,
etc. You will use this folder to publish your web page. This folder will
be available to everyone in the class to view your site and run your scripts -
as a visitor to your site. Only you can make changes to the files in your folder.
Class Folder List
Click each one to check out what others are doing. Learn and get ideas from others in our
A99 - Demo
What is my account and password?
How do I upload (copy) my files to my folder?
- Download and Install an FTP Program
- Log in to your account using the Server, www.halharris.com, and your ACCOUNT and PASSWORD from running the above script.
- Drag or select files to upload them to the server using the FTP Program
Here is an old way to upload (copy) files to your folder using IE on Windows 98 or XP
- Point your browser to
- Substitute your user name A01, A02, etc. for ACCOUNT in above URL
- Enter your User Name (A01, A02, etc.) and Password (student number - no dashes)
- Then click LOGIN (Do NOT click Save Password on computers at school!)
- Click START, RUN, then type A:\
- Restore both windows above and resize windows so that both windows are
- Drag your files from your A: drive to your FTP folder on the server
- Close all open windows when finished or someone else could sit at your computer (after
you leave) and delete, change or modify your web page & scripts, or
even copy your work.
To View Your Web Page and Run Your Scripts
Point your browser to http://www.halharris.com/209/ftp/A01 (change A01 to your account
name). Or, just click your account
link at the top of this page.
FTP Error Codes
FTP Error Codes
Here is a TIP on how to set
up your browser in IE for FTP access if you're using IE5 or IE6 running on Windows XP: